A bit about me

Hello there, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Tiffany Wysbeek (pronounced wisebeck in case you were wondering). I was born here in the San Fernando Valley, and actually live in the city of San Fernando, a place where everything is closed by 10pm. I do not see myself ever moving out of state, as I’m addicted to the warm weather and would not do well in a cooler climate. Who needs snow when you can have endless sunshine?

I’m a twenty year old Junior here at California State University Northridge. I always park in the same lot on campus regardless of how far my classes may be from it. I like to get to campus early in order to avoid battling traffic while frantically trying to get to class on time, can you say road rage? Definitely not the best way to get the most out of every class which is why I avoid it at all costs. I’m an English Literature major and have been since day one. When I’m not here on campus, chances are I am at work slaving away to make other people’s lattes and frappucinos. Working at Starbucks, in reality, is actually a pretty entertaining way to pay for all those anthologies and meet quite a few characters.

I picked English Literature as my major because I’ve always had an almost unhealthy love of reading. I’ll read just about anything I can get my hands on, and have had many a sleepless night spent reading because I simply could not put the book down. When I was younger this was always encouraged by my Grandparents who would buy me any and every book I wanted. My favorite English classes here at CSUN have been those that are primarily discussion oriented. Reading something, forming an opinion on it, discussing that opinion, and hearing others opinion really gives you more of a complete understanding of a text. You pick up things from others that you may have never noticed on your own. You develop new ways to read a text that enable you to notice on something different every time. This will be my first theory class and it is rather intimidating but seems to be a natural choice for me. Developing a theory on something seems to be a natural progression from developing an opinion on it. I look forward to sharing my theories with my classmates and learning from theirs in return.

This brings me to the actual purpose of this blog. It is an assignment for English 436 Major Critical Theories with Professor Wexler. I will be posting weekly reflections of what we discussed in class and several short analyses that require me to apply a theoretical movement discussed in class to a specific primary text. This promises to be a very interesting semester and you, whoever you may be, are welcome to come along for the ride. Feel free to comment or email me with any thoughts or opinions you may have on anything that I post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.